Join Vacaville Performing Arts Theatre as a Volunteer!
Volunteers are an important aspect of Vacaville Performing Arts Theatre. Season shows, special events, and community productions are all a part of the volunteer experience. There are many opportunities to help the Theatre with a variety of events and times! All ages are welcome to participate in our volunteer program.
Volunteers are required to fill out the Volunteer Application and will be contacted to participate in one training session. Various training sessions will be held throughout the year and is required before participation can begin. All volunteers are considered a City of Vacaville volunteer.
• Standing for long periods of time (up to 4 hours)
• Bending over to pick items up off the floor
What Do Theatre Volunteers Do?
• Carry out all Theatre policies
• Take tickets
• Hand out programs and other printed materials
• Usher patrons to their correct seats
• Prevent food and drinks from being taken into the auditorium. Bottled water is the only exception.
• Be alert for any disturbance or emergency
• Direct patrons to restrooms and telephones
• Perform a light clean up after the show
• Set examples of good theatre etiquette
• Enjoy the benefits of teamwork
• Take the extra step to provide excellent customer service
• Assist as needed with special events
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn all aspects of your position
• Follow instructions from the House and Theatre Managers
• Remember, you are here to serve our patrons needs. If you want to watch a particular performance, you should buy a ticket to ensure you enjoy the entire performance.
Please make sure you read over these requirements. If you are able to manage these requirements, we welcome your assistance! Our volunteers’ contribution of time and energy is an important aspect in the operations of Vacaville Performing Arts Theatre and help provide our patrons with a positive theatre experience.
Ready to volunteer? Email email@example.com or stop by the Box Office to receive an application.